Through the American Heart Association’s Tobacco Endgame movement, people ages 13-24 can support campaigns designed to ultimately end the tremendous devastation caused by the tobacco industry. The AHA supports dozens of federal, state and local tobacco policy campaigns and is ramping up our engagement of youth and young adults in these efforts.
We empower youth by teaching them skills to effectively advocate for public policy and providing a major platform for sharing their personal stories about the impact of tobacco.
By joining Tobacco Endgame, young leaders develop valuable experience with public policy campaigns to:
- Contact their elected officials through email, phone, social media, office visits and virtual meetings.
- Testify (virtually or in person) at legislative hearings.
- Participate in rallies (virtually or in person) at statehouses, in schools and their communities.
- Connect with young people across the United States through coordinated social media campaigns.
- Share their personal stories through blogs (written or video).
- Build valuable volunteer and advocacy skills that will last a lifetime.
- And much more!
Please encourage the youth in your life to join the movement at TobaccoEndgame.org.